TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GLOBAL BLUE ‘REIMAGINE TAX FREE SHOPPING’ PROMOTION
04 OCTOBER 2022 – 31 MARCH 2023
1. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, including any amendments thereto (the “T&Cs”), the following words shall have the following meaning:
Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service means the fast refund service offered by Global Blue through a Merchant, through which an advance payment equivalent to the GST Amount to be refunded is paid to the Foreign Traveller’s Payment Card (in the currency of the account where it is a currency supported by Global Blue, or in the currency of the tax free transaction where such currency is not supported by Global Blue) conditional upon the subsequent presentation by the Foreign Traveller of valid evidence of exportation of the goods within the Time Limit, before the Foreign Traveller completes the validation requirements of the eTRS.
Eligible Good means a good which is above S$100 (including GST) in value and which is eligible for a GST refund upon exportation of the Eligible Good in accordance with the applicable Singapore GST legislation.
Extra Tourist Refund means an amount equal to 20% of the GST Amount refunded to a Foreign Traveller in relation to a Transaction.
Foreign Traveller means an individual who is eligible to receive a GST refund upon exportation of goods in accordance with the applicable Singapore GST legislation.
Global Blue means Global Blue Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Company Registration Number: 199609046H) a company incorporated in Singapore.
GST means goods and services tax as defined in the Singapore Goods and Services Tax Act.
GST Amount means the amount of the GST refundable to the Foreign Traveller in relation to a Transaction.
Merchant means a Singapore based merchant that is participating in the Promotion under an agreement with Global Blue.
Partner means a Singapore based partner that is participating in the Promotion under an agreement with Global Blue.
Partner Benefits means partner benefits offered by a Partner time to Foreign Travellers during the Promotion Period.
Payment Card means a credit card.
Promotion means the ‘Reimagine Tax Free Shopping’ promotion as described in these T&Cs.
Promotion Period means the period from 04 October 2022 to 31 March 2023, both dates inclusive.
Transaction means the purchase of an Eligible Good by a Foreign Traveller in a Merchant’s store during the Promotion Period.
Verified Transaction means a Transaction that has successfully completed the validation requirements of the eTRS and Global Blue has verified, and reconciled with a Merchant’s record of the Transaction, and meets and complies with these T&Cs.
2. Global Blue shall organise and conduct the Promotion in Singapore during the Promotion Period.
3. The Promotion shall enable a Foreign Traveller to receive the Extra Tourist Refund on Eligible Goods purchased in participating Merchant stores in Singapore and such Partner Benefits available from time to time during the Promotion Period subject to the participating Foreign Traveller complying with these T&Cs.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
4. By participating in the Promotion, the Foreign Traveller confirms that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these T&Cs.
5. Global Blue reserves the right to amend the T&Cs from time to time, and modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion at its sole discretion at any time.
6. The Promotion is open to persons who are:
(a) Foreign Travellers; and
(b) above 16 years of age.
Claiming Extra Tourist Refund on Eligible Goods
7. During the Promotion Period, a purchase of an Eligible Good(s) by a Foreign Traveller successfully processed as Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service transaction shall entitle the Foreign Traveller to receive the Extra Tourist Refund subject to the Foreign Traveller’s compliance with these T&Cs.
8. There shall be no limit on the number of Transactions that may be completed by the Foreign Traveller during the Promotion Period.
9. At the time of the Transaction, the Merchant shall capture the necessary details of the Transaction and the Foreign Traveller to submit to Global Blue to process the Transaction through the Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service.
Verification of the Transaction
10. Following the successful submission of the Transaction as a Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service transaction by the Merchant, Global Blue shall verify the Transaction meets the requirements to be a ‘Verified Transaction’ following which the Transaction shall be deemed to be a Verified Transaction.
Payment of the Extra Tourist Refund
11. The maximum Extra Tourist Refund payable per Verified Transaction is S$293.00.
12. The Extra Tourist Refund can only be refunded to a nominated Payment Card of the Foreign Traveller.
13. Upon the Transaction being successfully verified, Global Blue will process the payment of the Extra Tourist Refund to the nominated Payment Card of the Foreign Traveller. The payment timing of the Extra Tourist Refund will be subject to the clearing, processing and settlement timing of the Foreign Traveller’s Payment Card’s card scheme and issuing bank.
14. From time to time during the Promotion Period, Global Blue and a Partner may offer Partner Benefits to Foreign Travellers. Foreign Travellers may redeem such Partner Benefits, subject to availability and compliance with these T&Cs and such other terms and conditions as may be applicable.
15. The redemption of any Partner Benefits is conditional upon the successful submission of the eligible Transaction(s) as a Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service transaction. Upon request, the Foreign Traveller shall present the e-Notification slip of the successful Downtown Refund (In-Store) Service transaction(s) issued by Global Blue to the Partner to redeem the relevant Partner Benefits.
Other Terms and Conditions
16. Eligible Goods purchased as part of the Promotion will not be eligible for return or exchange unless the purchased Eligible Good is faulty or defective in some way.
17. Global Blue reserves the right to disqualify any Transaction or Foreign Traveller’s eligibility to participate and receive the benefit of the Promotion if the Foreign Traveller has not complied with the T&Cs in the sole and absolute opinion of Global Blue, including forfeiture and/or reclaim of any paid Extra Tourist Refund at any time if Global Blue deems there has been a breach of the T&Cs by the Foreign Traveller, whether discovered during or after the Promotion Period.
18. All decisions by Global Blue relating to the Promotion are final. Global Blue is not obliged to provide reasons concerning why a Transaction was not verified as a Verified Transaction or to entertain any appeals whatsoever.
19. Unless otherwise stated, the Foreign Traveller is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to participation in the Promotion and the receipt of the Extra Tourist Refund.
20. Global Blue makes no warranties, representations or guarantees either expressed or implied regarding the Promotion, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
21. Global Blue may in its sole and absolute discretion substitute or make any changes to the Promotion and the T&Cs at any time without prior notice. Global Blue is not obliged to provide reasons and shall not be liable for any payment or compensation to any person due to such changes.
Liability and Indemnity
22. To the fullest extent permissible under law, Global Blue shall not be liable for any loss, damage, liability, injury or costs and expenses relating to any person’s participation in the Promotion, including but not limited to any change to the T&Cs, disqualification of a Foreign Traveller to participate in the Promotion and any delay, cancellation, failure or omission on Global Blue’s part to carry out the Promotion or for the delay or failure of any card scheme, payment processor or issuing bank to process the payment of the Extra Tourist Refund whether due to force majeure events or otherwise.
23. The participating Foreign Traveller agrees to indemnify Global Blue and hold Global Blue harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, suits, actions, claims and demands, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred by Global Blue relating to or arising from or in connection with any breach of the T&Cs by the participating Foreign Traveller.
24. The participating Foreign Traveller agrees that Global Blue and the participating Merchant may collect, use and disclose your personal data (including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, address and Transaction data) as provided to Global Blue and/or the participating Merchant for (a) the purposes of administering the Promotion and in relation to your participation in the same, (b) promotional, marketing and publicity purposes relating to the Promotion and Global Blue generally, (c) for Global Blue’ conduct of research, analysis and development activities (including data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to enhance Global Blue’s programme offerings and operations, and (d) for Global Blue’s and the participating Merchant’s reference and archival purposes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
26. These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore for every purpose and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
If you have any questions regarding the Promotion, please send your inquiry to email@example.com.